The latest & stable release of the elementary OS launched and available to download and explore by users.
New release is based on Ubuntu 18.04 Long Term Support (LTS).
Here we are going to discuss and explore new features of Elementary OS Juno (5.0).
Before going further we are going to discuss the release version number of the OS. The users who knows elementary OS knows earlier the versions numbers was in decimal point like 0.1 , 0.2 , 0.3 , 0.4 , but this time the new version will be called 5.0 instead of 0.5.
Daniel Fore, the founder of the elementary OS believes “0.x was confusing for new users and users sometimes believes that the Os is unstable or in beta version”
Elementary OS 5.0 Juno New Features
- Visual Changes which includes New Search icon , Animated Top Panel Icons , Sound settings & Translucent Top Panel
- Terminal has options for light and dark background colors.
- Night Light For better View In Low Light In Night.
- Improved App Center
- Text editor Scratch is rebranded as Code with features of a basic code editor.
- Keyboard layout that is clearly inspired by macOS
- A new payment system for applications in the app store. Paid apps won’t get automatic updates. You’ll have to manually update them by donating an amount starting from $0.
- Bluetooth settings get a bit of overhaul with user-friendly features.
- An all-new Picture-in-Picture mode makes it easier to keep tabs on a video or other window while working on something else.
- New Screenshot tool is switched from a dark style to a light one.
There is no option to update the older elementary Os to 5.0 Juno , Your only option is to make a full backup of your files and do a fresh install.