Earlier this month, Xiaomi’s much awaited Android One smartphone Mi A2 was listed on one e-commerce website.
However, along with Mi A2, the retailer had also listed the Mi A2 Lite.
If we go the specifications listed on the that website, it was quite clear that the Mi A2 Lite will simply be a rebranded Redmi 6 Pro with Android One software in the phone & Mi A2 will be rebranded version of Mi 6X.
This has now been confirmed officially as Xiaomi itself , Released a new teaser that says Mi fans can look forward to not one but 2 new Android One smartphones at the global launch event in Spain.
In other tweet later Xiaomi confirms , the other phone is Mi A2 Lite.
An AliExpress listing has gone live ahead of the phone’s launch next week.
According to the listing Redmi Mi A2 will have a design that seems to be a mashup of the Xiaomi’s own Redmi Note 5 Pro and an iPhone X (Notch On Front).The phone looks exactly like the Redmi Note 5 Pro from the back, and from the front, it looks a lot like the iPhone X with notch on front but with slightly more bezels.
Mi A2 Expected Specifications & Features
- Stock Android 8.1 Oreo operating system
- 5.99-inch IPS LCD With 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution and an 18:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 12MP + 20MP dual-camera setup with AI scene detection and AI Portrait mode features
- Unlike the Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Mi A2 will come with 4K Ultra HD video capture support as well.
- 20MP resolution selfie camera with AI Face Unlock support on Front Camera.
- Bluetooth 5.0
- IR blaster (Typical Xiaomi Feature)
Mi A2 Lite Expected Specifications & Features
- 5.84-inch notched IPS display with 1080 x 2280 Full HD+ resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio.
- Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 GPU.
- Mi A2 Lite is expected to be available in 3GB RAM + 32GB storage and 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variants
- 12MP + 5MP dual-camera setup with the same AI-assisted features like the Mi A2.
The Mi A2 is expected to arrive in India with price around Rs.15,999 to Rs.20,000.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is expected to be priced at price around the Rs.12,000 for the base variant.