After Airtel , the biggest telecommunication operator in India Reliance Jio came up with WiFi Calling (You can say following the footprint of Airtel). This service is called VoWiFi – a service that enables you to make free voice and video calls over Wi-Fi (Actually any WiFi).
Akash Ambani, Director Of Jio Said In a MEDIA RELEASE “The launch of Jio Wi-Fi Calling will enhance every Jio consumer’s voice-calling experience, which is already a benchmark for the industry with India’s-first all VoLTE network.”
Jio Wi-Fi Calling will be enabled pan-India between 7th and 16th January, 2020.
Now the important question !!! ?
How To enable Jio Wi-Fi Calling
- Go to settings. (You can just simply search Wifi Calling In Setting or follow the steps)
- Go to call (cellular) settings or SIM settings.
- Locate the option to make calls over Wi-Fi or WLAN.
- Enable it.
2. Apple iPhone
- Go to Setting in your iPhone (Any).
- Tap on Phone.
- Tap on Wi-Fi calling to On the Service.
- Yay! Wi-Fi calling is enabled on your iPhone.
Reliance Jio Wi-Fi Calling supported device list
Actually all Apple devices from iPhone 6s and above will support free Wi-Fi calling of Jio.
WiFi calls do not charge any extra amount, even on roaming.
But note the thing that the international calls will be charged as per advised rates.