A new version of most popular media streaming app (Media Player) VLC Launched with bunch of good features and improvements.
VLC 3.0.5 is not a major release but it is just a minor update in VLC 3.X version series.
Key point is that this version comes with bunch of bug fixes improvements in existing functions & third party libraries.
There are also performance tweaks and improved compatibility with macOS 10.14 “Mojave”, with native dark mode, and notarization.
This update of VLC comes after long time.
Here are some key features & Improvements that comes with the update:
- Improved & Updated Youtube support
- Updated HDR support , tone-mapping & native Windows HDR support,
- Improved Chromecast support
- New AV1 decoder based on dav1d library
- Improved Blu-ray playback , RTP and UDP streams,
- Libaom decoder by default
- Improvements for MP4, MKV, CAF and AV1 media files
- Fixed subtitles rendering issue.
If you are a Ubuntu Linux user you can install VLC by two way.
You can install the latest version of VLC, which is packaged and maintained by VLC developers, from the Snap store viaUbuntu Software.
Or use terminal for command-line install
sudo snap install vlc
Using App Directly From repo
sudo apt install vlc