Huawei (Tech giant from Chinese) on Friday unveiled the world’s first commercial 7nm system-on-chip (SoC) HiSilicon Kirin 980 equipped with artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities At IFA.
It’s the first 7nm mobile processor, the first one built around ARM’s Cortex-A76 CPU and Mali-G76 GPU, the first with a Cat.21 smartphone modem supporting speeds up to 1.4Gbps, and the first chip to support 2,133MHz LPDDR4X RAM.
Huawei compare the Kirin 980 with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845, the chip that used in almost every Android flagship phone not made by Huawei.
Three smartphone models – Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and Honor Magic 2 have been confirmed to ship with the latest Kirin 980 as their power core.
The 356,918 Antutu Benchmark Score of the Kirin 980 powered Huawei Mate 20 easily beats the 264,044 mark of Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 inside it. (Credit)
Key Highlights of the processor are listed below :
- World’s First 7nm System on Chip (SoC)
- First-Ever ARM Cortex A76 based Processor
- World’s First Dual Neural Processing Unit (NPU) for AI
- First-Ever SoC to have Mali-G76 GPU
- World’s First 1.4Gbps Cat.21 Modem
- First-Ever Processor supporting 2133 MHz LPDDR4X